Photo Contest Rules
As part of the fifth Pondicherry Heritage Festival from January 27 to February 11, 2019, a free photographic competition has been organizes which is open to all. The organisers of the Pondicherry Heritage Festival are People for Pondicherry’s Heritage, INTACH and PondyCAN. The festival is supported by the Departments of Art & Culture and Tourism of the Government of Pondicherry.
THEME: BUILT HERITAGE OF PONDICHERRY
This includes all structures of Heritage value that exists in Pondicherry.They can be Private homes, Public buildings, Monuments or a Streetscape which includes any of these. The photographs should not be landscapes or objects which does not have any architectural value.
CONDITIONS OF PHOTO SHOOTING: Participants undertake to respect the physical boundaries of structures being photographed. In the case of human presence in the photograph, the author agrees to have the shooting permissions of the people present on the image. The jury reserves the right to exclude any photograph that is degrading to people or that does not have the permission of the people photographed. In the case of photography in a private space or protected areas, the author agrees to have the permissions of the owners or managers of the spaces concerned.In case of doubt about these elements of ethics, the jury reserves the right to not retain participation.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION: Participation is free and, open to everyone, amateurs or professionals. Each participant can submit up to 3 prints. The Print sizes can be 8”x11”, 10”x14”, 13”x17”. To be validated, each photographic print must be accompanied by the following mentions:
· First name and Family name of the author;
· Telephone number and email of the author;
· Specific name of the place, and date of the shooting;
· The mention “I have read the contest rules and I accept the conditions of participation”.
1. All photos must be ORIGINAL and UNPUBLISHED. If found plagiarised or edited, they will immediately be disqualified. We reserve the right to ask for a digital image of the same if required.
2. Photos submitted should be new and if they are already found on the net and social media, they will be disqualified.
3. Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the image will not be allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment and cropping will be allowed.
4. All submitted images are Non-refundable. Participants have to bear the cost of printing the photos.
5. The participant will retain copyright to the image entered for the competition.
6. By submitting an image for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having granted the organiser the right to use the image, in digital format or in print, without any payment to the participant, for the purpose of promoting the event or for future events.7. If the image is so used by the organiser, the participant will be given due acknowledgement.
8. The images will be selected by a panel of judges and their decision will be final.
DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATION AND COMPETITION RULES:The deadline for mailings is 15 JANUARY 2019 at midnight. The date and the time of reception of the mail being authentic. The jury is sovereign for the validation of the shipments. All entries will be confirmed by email.
AWARD OF THE COMPETITION AND PUBLICATION OF RESULTS:FINAL SHORTLISTED 100 ENTRIES WILL BE EXHIBITED AT THE ASHRAM EXHIBITION HALL, BEACH ROAD, from 28th January-1st February 2019.1 Grand Prize winner will receive a special citation from INTACH PONDICHERRY and PONDICHERRY HERITAGE FESTIVAL at one of the Festival events. The Winner of the contest will be announced on 1st February at 6:00 pm at the Exhibition Hall.